Why Plan Ahead?
You have just taken the first step towards pre-arranging your funeral. You have made the decision to educate yourself about pre-arranging your funeral. We plan almost every important aspect of our lives. Where to go to school, when we get married, where we live, financial decisions and many other aspects of our day to day lives. It is the natural and kind thing to do by pre-planning your funeral.
Funeral Pre-Arrangement Process
The funeral pre-arrangement process is not complicated: Consider your options, discuss them with family, and record your wishes for us to follow in the future.
The Basics of Planning
Here's a break-down of the process:
- Think about what you want
- Review your budget
- Look at available options re cremation vs burial
- Weigh the pros and cons of each option
- Look at the cost of both options
- Arrive at a final decision
There are two ways for you to complete your funeral pre-arrangement plan.
Using the Online Pre-Planning Tool
This website features Pre-Arrange Online, a step-by-step interactive form that can be used to record your end-of-life plan and send the completed form to us.
You might be more comfortable making these decisions with Mark Henderson, the Funeral Director at Hillcrest Funeral Home. We also have a pre-planning booklet at the Funeral Home that we can mail out to you or you can stop in anytime and ask for a copy of our pre-planning guide. You can also call us at (613) 678-2002 or (866) 678-2001 or send us an email using the Contact Us form.
Why People Choose to Plan Ahead
We've had the privilege of assisting many families with their funeral pre-planning. During the time we've spent with them, we've learned more about the reasons behind their decision to take funeral pre-planning seriously.
What We've Heard Over the Years
- In pre-paying for my funeral arrangements, I've lessened the financial burden on those people I leave behind.
- I'm very independent and have always made all my own decisions.
- Some say I like to be in control of everything and they're right!
- This way my family knows exactly what I want
- I remember when my mother died. None of us knew what to do and absolutely none of us knew what she wanted. No one bothered to ask! I'm just not going to wait for my kids to ask me what I want. I'm going to tell them.
These are just a few of the comments we've heard during funeral pre-arrangements. Chances are pretty good that some of these statements are true for you as well.
Let Us Help
If you're ready to begin funeral pre-planning, the first can be taken in the privacy of your own home by using our online funeral pre-planning tool. Or, if you'd rather speak to Mark Henderson directly, call us at (613) 678-2002 or (866) 678-2001.
Record Your Wishes
There are so many benefits to pre-planning. Here are the some of the reasons why you should consider making your funeral arrangements ahead of time:
1) It means there will be fewer opportunities for argument and indecision about your funeral arrangements among family members after you're gone.
2) Your survivors will never have to worry about doing the wrong thing when finalizing your funeral arrangements. You will have told them exactly what you want.
3) No mistakes and no oversights. After you're gone, everything will be done your way.
4) You have peace-of-mind now knowing that we will follow through with your wishes.
5) After your death, no one can make any decisions you wouldn't want.
6) Funeral pre-planning is the responsible thing to do. It removes the burden from family members.
7) You can make complex decisions ahead of time when you have the time to think things through.
8) Funeral pre-planning can involve pre-payment. This will save your family money and avoid any financial burdens.
Get It Done. . . And Then Relax
Pre-planning just makes sense. Call us today at (613) 678-2002 or (866) 678-2001 to request a Planning Guide or click here to download your own copy to complete in the comfort of your own home. You can also use the online pre-planning tool.