Estate Aftercare

Being appointed an executor is a huge responsibility and can be a very overwhelming task for many people. After the funeral you might not know where to start. That is where Lisa and Cheryl step in and help you with their after-care expertise. They guide families through what comes next. Cheryl Courtemanche joined the Hillcrest team over two years ago, bringing with her an extensive estate experience from the banking world. Lisa and Cheryl will meet with you, get everything organized and prepare you to meet with the professionals you may need to see ie: Financial Advisors, Bankers, Lawyers, Insurance Brokers etc. They will prepare all government forms, handle any pension applications both local and foreign, navigate the closing of social media accounts, drivers licences and OHIP. They will handle just about anything you can think of and problably a few things that you didn't even know needed to be done.

Please see below a list of what we can handle for you. If you think of something that isn't on the list no worries we love a challenge.

  • Application of the CPP/ Retraite Quebec Lump Sum Death Benefit
  • Application of the Survivors Benefit
  • Application of the Children’s Benefit
  • Application of the OAS Survivors Bridge Loan (if applicable)
  •  Application of the deceased Life Insurance, including change of beneficiaries an other policies.
  • Informing Revenue Canada and stopping the Trillium Grant, GST/HST and Gains.
  • Informing Elections Canada and removing them fromthe voters list
  • Cancelling the Passprt/OHIP/ Drivers Licence and Parking Pemrits. Applying for any refunds.
  • Notating the Social Insurance Number
  • ​Veteralns Affairs 
  • WSIB
  •  Cancelling any extended Health Care Coverage
  • Home and Auto Insurance
  • Canada Post
  • Cancelling credit cards and apply to have rewardpoints transfered.
  • Cancelling household accounts. IE; Hydro, Enbridge, and cel phones.
  • Cancelling the Firearms Licence.
  • Applying for marriage certificates and long form death certificates (when needed)